Action By Sea is a campaign group focussed on increasing awareness of the scale of marine debris, its impact on our environment, and the solutions for both prevention and clean-up.
Focussing on the North Atlantic Garbage Patch Action By Sea plans to research the extent of the problem, instigate a process for tackling the problem and promote change to ensure that the problem does not reoccur.
The initiators of action by sea all have first hand experience of the amount of rubbish that is in our oceans, you can read more about them here.
Aims & Objectives
- To increase awareness of the existence of the accumulations of rubbish in the Oceans.
- To fully assess the scale of the 'waste island' in the North Atlantic.
- To harness new technology in order to clean up the waste.
- To give a value to waste and therefore prevent rubbish, in particular plastics, from entering the marine environment.
- To initiate political, cultural and legal changes that fully protect the world's oceans.